HUDSON COUNTY, N.J. CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY
The Law Office of Charles Dawkins Jr. LLC. Ph. (908) 962-9929 represents defendants charged with all and any crime within the jurisdiction of Hudson County and any disorderly person's charges in the municipalities within the jurisdiction of Hudson County. Counsel has represented people charged in Hudson County, NJ. charged with Felony Crimes under Title 2C of the New Jersey Criminal Code and disorderly persons offenses charged within the Municipal jurisdiction of Hudson County, NJ.
Hudson County N.J. Courthouse is located at 595 Newark Avenue, Jersey City, NJ. 07306. Hudson County, N.J. is the most densely populated County in New Jersey with a population as of the 2020 census of 724,854. Hudson County, NJ. is also the smallest area County in NJ. Attorney Charles Dawkins Jr. has over 20 years of legal experience.
WHAT ARE THE CRIMINAL CHARGES DEFENDED IN HUDSON COUNTY N.J. SUPERIOR CRIMINAL COURT ?
Hudson County N.J. Superior Criminal Court deals with all felony criminal charges located in Title 2C of the New Jersey Criminal Code. Some of these charges are the following:
- Criminal Homicide
- Assault, Reckless Endangering; Threats
- Kidnapping and Related Offenses: Coercion
- Aggravated Sexual Assault, Sexual Assault, Sexual Contact
- Bias Crimes
- Arson, Criminal Mischief, and Other Property Destruction
- Theft above a certain amount
- Possession of Drugs, Manufacturing of Drugs or Distributing Drugs
All of the above are serious crimes where the criminal defendant has the right to effective legal counsel and a trial by an impartial jury of his peers. If you are charged with a serious felony in Hudson County Contact the Law Office of Charles Dawkins Jr.
WHAT DETERMINES THE SENTENCE OF A CRIME IN NJ UNDER TITLE 2C CRIMINAL CODE IN HUDSON COUNTY, NJ.?
N.J.S.A. 2C:43-6 establishes the general Terms that the Essex County N.J. Superior Court Criminal Division will sentence criminal defendants convicted of a felony charge.
- First degree for a specific term of years between 10 years and 20 years
- Second degree for a specific term of years between 5 and 10 years
- Third degree for a specific term of years between 3 and 5 years
- Fourth degree for a specific term of years not to exceed 18 months.
- Generally, a presumption of no incarceration of first offenders found guilty of Third Degree, Fourth Degree, Disorderly Person. N.J.S.A. 2C:41-1(e)
The above are general guidelines. The person should consult Legal Counsel to evaluate their case.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BEING CHARGED IN HUDSON COUNTY SUPERIOR COURT AND HUDSON COUNTY, NJ MUNICIPAL COURT?
First, Hudson County Superior Court deals with Felony Charges while all N.J. Municipal Courts deal with disorderly persons, City Ordinance violations, city code violations, and DUI's. Secondly, Hudson County Superior Court Felony Cases are tried with a jury (The Defendant may request a Judge Trial) While In Municipal Court cases, the Judge is the trier of fact and law in the court which means the Judge tries and decides the case applying relevant law. Finally, and most importantly, the penalties and fines are more serious in Hudson County Superior Court and Hudson County's respective Municipal Courts.
Defendants should seek legal counsel regardless of whether the case is being heard in Hudson County Superior Court or in a municipality in Hudson County. The Law Office of Charles Dawkins Jr., LLC can defend you in Hudson County Superior Court or any respective municipality in Hudson County.
In some cases, the Prosecutor within his discretion will remand a Superior Court case to Municipal Court which has less legal consequences.
CAN A CONVICTED DISORDERLY PERSONS DEFENDANT IN MUNICIPAL COURT APPEAL THE CONVICTION TO HUDSON COUNTY NJ SUPERIOR COURT CRIMINAL DIVISION?
The Hudson County, NJ. Superior Court Criminal Division handles all appeals of disorderly person convictions, for all municipalities within Hudson County, NJ. . Some of the Municipalities within Hudson County that Law Office of Charles Dawkins Jr. represents are the following:
- Bayone, NJ., Bergen, NJ, East Newark, NJ., Greenville, NJ, Guttenberg, NJ., Harrison, NJ.,Hoboken, NJ. Hudson, NJ., Jersey City, NJ., Kearny, NJ. North Bergen, NJ. Jersey City, NJ. ,Union Hill, NJ, Union Township, NJ., Weehawken, NJ., West Hoboken, NJ.
CONTACT A HUDSON COUNTY N.J. CRIMINAL DEFENSE LAWYER TODAY
If you are accused of violating any crime within Hudson County, NJ.; or disorderly person's offense within any of the municipalities in Hudson County New Jersey, contact the Law Office of Charles DawkinsT Jr. LLC. Here at the Law Office of Charles Dawkins Jr., LLC, we will represent you and defend you against these allegations. Schedule a Consultation to learn more.